Dolman top sewing pattern can fit all occasions as long as you know how to mix and match it. If you want to have a dolman top with your personal touch, here is a step-by-step sewing tutorial you can try at home.
- Prepare two sheets of fabric and then gather them. Cut one of it with a front neckline while the other is with shallower a back neckline.
- The next thing you should do is gather both the front and back top pieces. Make sure to position it with the right sides facing.
- After that, you can stitch the seam of the sleeve-shoulder. You can do it with a serger or zigzag stitch. Make sure that you leave a 3/8 inch seam allowance.
- For the next step, manage to stitch the lower part of the sleeve-side seams. It uses seam allowance with 3/8 inch length.
- The next thing you should do is folding the hemline. You can use a 1 ½ inch seam allowance to get a perfect fold. Don’t forget to press it flat and then use a zigzag pattern to stitch it.
- Then fold the cuffs and the neckline with a 1-inch seam allowance. Press and stitch the fold. Your dolman top is ready to use.