To create the blanket sewing patterns fabrics, you will need quilting cotton and fleece that have the same size. The other things you need are sewing tools such as sewing machine, scissors, ruler, pins, and more. Here is a step-by-step tutorial to know.
- The first thing to do is cut two pieces of fabrics in the same size. Then, put one piece on top of the other.
- It is time to sew the fabrics. You can start from the middle part of the fabrics. After that, you need to sew around the blanket’s perimeter with ½ inch seam allowance.
- Once you sew close to the square corner, make sure that you stop to sew with the needle down a ½ inch. This should be done before you get to the end of the fabric.
- For the next step, you need to trim the corners to avoid bulk.
- Then, turn the blanket right-side out. To ensure that the square corners will lay flat, you can use a pointy tool. After that, you can steam the blanket and start from the right side of it.
- Stitch a little cross right the blanket’s middle part to allow the layers to stay together.